Sunday 17 June 2007

So there we were in the Seychelles ...

So there we were in the Seychelles back from a daytrip and looking for a taxi to take us back to our side of the island when a couple beckoned us over and offered us a lift. They were about the same age as us, and they'd spotted us in the hotel.

They turned out to be a really nice Spanish couple, but we struggled with language. They knew we were English because we had red sunburned noses! The language thing was so difficult we never really got together after that, yet we all wanted to. Really disappointing.

I'd always been really bad at languages at school, I was science all the way. But I resolved then to learn Spanish. After all, it's probably the biggest non-English language in the world that is relatively easy to learn. I mean, there's Chinese, but .. maybe another day.

Over the years I bought books and created my own systems for learning, and, yes maybe I learned something. But here's what was missing. I wasn't creating a good foundation. I needed structure to hang my knowledge on.

Here's what I'm using at the moment. It's just a twelve day course .. but I'm just doing it when I can, I'm pretty busy, but I'm definitely feeling like this is going to get me speaking Spanish. I feel really good about this one, it's called Learn Spanish Fast. Just wanted to share :-)

No comments: